Friday, September 23, 2011

The Aftermath of the 6 Month Checkup

Well as I sit here at 9:00 p.m. I am still wearing my spirit wear shirt that I wore to work this morning.  It is all blinged out with some rhinestones but now has drool and some spit up to add to it- talk about bling!  It has been one of those days.  It started early.  Olivia was up before I was even in the shower.  Brendon changed her diaper before I left for work and she felt a little warm so I gave her some Tylenol.  Brendon said she really didn't go back to sleep.  Olivia was very fussy for him and also very fussy for the Physical Therapist.  If she wouldn't have been so fussy and did her stretches and exercises there, we would be going to once every other week but since she was a hot mess, Brendon has to take her next week.

Once I got home she was napping and napped until 1:15ish.  She ate and fussed, played, and fussed.  The cycle went on all day.  I tried to lay her down for a nap... nope didn't happen.  I even tried the vacuum trick.  Nada.  So she stayed up. She ate a bottle about 4:30ish and I was going to attempt her oatmeal and green beans at 5:30.  Well that was a nightmare.  Screaming and tears.  So I took her up to her room and finally got her to calm down and she ended up falling asleep on me while I rocked her.  She took a cat nap and at that point so did I.  She woke up happy.  Tried the solids again... she ate about 3/4 of it. She was just a mess today.  I am sure it is the results of the shots from yesterday and the teething.

Tomorrow is another new day! Hoping for a good one... cause I am exhausted!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment