Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Jail, an Earthquake, and One Tired, Sick Mommy

Mommy didn't feel so good last night. She said her throat was hurting. Then she didn't sleep well last night because her nose was stuffed and she made the mistake of having hot tea before bed and then took a Claritin D. So mommy did not feel good this morning. She dropped me off at daycare and went to work. Several of her students were not feeling well either. Mommy doesn't get it. Last year when she was pregnant with me she made it to the week before I was born before getting sick. Weird...

Mommy took me to the Walton County Jail today. I was such a good girl. We waited patiently for the person to check the car seat. I was so good. I was looking at all the people in the lobby and I loved the big tree. Mommy was going to take my picture there but she got scared when she saw surveillance cameras there. She didn't want us to get in trouble. While we were waiting we got to see some interesting things. A gentleman came in and got his ankle monitor off. Mommy said that is very bad and that I never want to have that kind of bracelet. The gentleman literally did a hop in the air and a fist pump because it was off. Then we saw a lady come in with some paperwork and she had on red fuzzy slippers. I kept staring at the slippers. I thought they were Elmo. But mommy says you shouldn't wear your red slippers to the jail at 2:00 in the afternoon, plus her feet had to be hot- it was 90 degrees outside. Finally we got all checked out and they said the new car seat was correct and helped fix the old one with a pool noodle!

I guess when we arrived at the jail there was an earthquake. Mommy and I didn't feel it but I guess I could say I survived an earthquake ?!?!?!? Probably not....

I hope my mommy feel better tomorrow. I did not nap for her this afternoon and I should have so she could have rested too. Mommy hopes that I don't catch her cold!

XOXO
Olivia

Playing with my dog while I was in my swing


More practice with sitting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment