Tuesday, June 14, 2011

To Peachtree or Not to Peachtree...

That is the BIG question. Ugh I don't know where to begin on making this decision. I signed up in March and got selected to run the Peachtree- thinking that I would be able to do it. Mind you the last race I ran was the Peachtree last year. I decided last year to stop running in July to see if that was preventing us from becoming pregnant. It was one of the hardest decisions I made but it was well worth it. I cried over quitting running because it is not just the physical part of running that I enjoy but it is the friendships that I made through running and a mental break from life- it gives me an outlet to clear my mind. I miss all the parts of running so much- the feel of the sneakers, crossing the finish line, cheering on others, and laughing with friends. So I started training once my 6 weeks were up and it has been hard but I have to say my body remembers how to run. As of last week my training program (Couch to 10K) had me running 2.5 miles for 4 days and I was shocked that I could do that. So I have about 2.5 weeks to get ready. I have not come anywhere close to running 6 miles but hopefully in the next few weeks I will get there. So I made my decision today once my number came. It is so exciting to get that packet in the mail!!

I am going to run- ok try to run the Peachtree. I may not have the great time of 56:29 of last year but I am going to put in a good effort. So pray for me! And as always- I hope I have a good race and a safe race.

1 comments:

Anonymous

You go girl!

Post a Comment