Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Peachtree Road Race 2015

Friday afternoon my friends Joan and Tina met at our house and we headed down to Atlanta.  We stay close to the start line of the Peachtree Road Race which makes life easier.  We checked in and zoomed off to the Expo.  Lots of train riding and walking and finally we got back to Buckhead about 6:30ish and had some dinner.  Then back to the hotel to prep for the race.  It was REALLY wet.  It rained...a lot.  The sprinkle and rain felt good though.  At mile 4 I saw the lightning and heard the thunder.  Little did I know they postponed the race about 40 minutes.  I noticed the color warning system flags turned to red but no one was directing us to stop running.  I had a 57:26 finish time which I was pleased with.  It was a nice soggy walk and wet ride back to the hotel.  But it was a great run for me =)

Expo fun



Parking lot view from hotel

We missed our friend Kim...

The guy all the way on the left we met in the elevator.  Little did we know he was a famous running sports newscaster and was interviewing an elite runner in the elevator (who ended up being 5th over all male in the race)




0 comments:

Post a Comment