Monday, July 6, 2015

Being Ok with being 36

I had an aha moment while we were in Buffalo.  We were out with some friends, and one male friend said, "Look at that girl, she has mom jeans on." In that very moment, I felt my age of 36.  My reply was, "Hey...I wear mom jeans!"



So there it is, I am 36 I don't have the coolest clothes and I wear mom jeans.  And guess what I am proud to wear them.  I am proud of who I am at 36.  I realized that I just need to be happy with who I am at the present moment.  I don't need a sparkly top, tons of makeup, the skinniest jeans- I am more comfortable in me and who I am, for what I believe in. It is tough being a woman- it is like a constant competition- who lost weight, who got new clothes, etc....the list goes on, and on. 

But this is me, take me as I am- I am a woman who had a baby, my body has grown and shrunken a few times, runs (slowly most of the time), teaches school , has a husband who loves her (mom jeans and all), and a family that loves me.  I am sure that my BMI and metabolism have tanked and my body is FAR FROM PERFECT.  But what I need to love most- is ME and worry about ME and not everyone else and opinions.  In no way, shape, or form, am I perfect...NOT even close.  But I have to love what is on the inside and outside, and gosh darn it, stop second guessing myself. 

I am imperfectly perfect or perfectly imperfect (which ever way you want to see it) and I'd like to stay that way!





0 comments:

Post a Comment