Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thank a Teacher

This week is National Educator's Week.  I rarely if ever write about my job as a teacher.  There are my reasons like getting fired etc.  But today I will share one school story that made the teacher heart in me smile and overflow.  At school we have the students make thank you cards to any teacher in the school.  Today I received one that made me realize that maybe I really do make an impact and make a difference.

It is hard to read so I will type it (yes in kid type).

Dear Mrs. Barth,
thank you for teaching me measurement, you never let me down! Thank you for theching me my dobbles because now I doing multiplication.. Even though I made many mistakes you helped me fix them. thank you for all you've done.


Thank you to this student and so many other students who I have taught.  When you get a note like this, it makes the job worth it. 

I am not sure if I ever thanked any of the teachers that I had in school.  But now that I think about it, I probably should have. I remember some of their names but not all...but I would like to thank a few that I had:

Kindergarten: Ms. Locie (probably spelled that wrong...hey it was kindergarten...give me a break!!). Thank you for teaching me and helping me learn my shapes. I loved your long Crystal Gale like hair!

1st grade- Mrs. O'Brien- thank you for being so patient and teaching me to read.

2nd grade- Mrs. Skotnicki- thank you for letting me clean the erasers and clean the board.  I still remember learning to write so nice and neat.

3rd grade- Ms. Tallarico- you really tried to make our learning fun and made us laugh

4th grade- Mrs. Strong- I loved your record player and letting us play The Byrds "Turn, turn, turn." I still remember when me and a friend rode our bikes to your house because we wanted to see what you do when you weren't at school!

5th grade- Mr. Baumgartner- Even though you made us miss the bus and I I had to walk home in the freezing cold snow, it was our whole classes fault...we were talking toooo much!

Teachers at ETMS- great group of teachers! There was lots of phenomenal talent of teachers in middle school in all subjects that worked so hard! Mrs. Bauer and Mrs. Braham rocked 6th grade! I also loved Home Economics and making a fabric bag and our awesome dinner that we cooked!

Teachers at NWSHS- Mr. Pachla- Precalculus...I really enjoyed that class in high school and was so bummed to have to retake it in college which was NOT fun! Should have followed your advice...do it right the first time! Mrs. Becht- you saw that I had a chance to be a great math student! Mrs. D'Angelo...I took all that French and I now I remember bits and pieces but I remember how to ask where the library is! I had lots of great teachers in high school who helped me get prepared for college.

So take a moment and say a thank you...to a past or present teacher.  Trust me a simple "Thank You" goes a long way!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment