Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Sad Pilgrim

Today was a CRAZY day! Olivia was very excited for her Thanksgiving celebration at Susan's house today.  Then while at work, the front office buzzed in my room that I needed to call Susan immediately.  So I got my neighbor teacher to watch my room...Olivia had a fever of 103 =( So after scrambling, some tears, and my kids who were so patient, I went and got her. 

When I came in all the kids were sitting at the table dressed as Pilgrims waiting for their turkey.  Olivia turned around in her seat and her face broke my heart.  With her Pilgrim hat in all she had this sad pouty face and all she said was, "I wanna go home mommy!" Then I just hugged her and started crying too.  She drank lots of water on the way home and we had some soup and then rested. 

The very sad Pilgrim (literally taken about 2 minutes before I got there)



I have checked her temp a million times...it was down for the longest time and then around 5:45ish it started to climb and she started shivering.  I was a hot mess...called Brendon, called my mom.  Finally her temp went back up to 100.7 and I gave her some Ibuprofen.  There are moments I can tell she feels better- talking and playing and other times she a frumper.

I have a feeling that it may be a long night...she has had no other complaints except that she said it felt like someone was poking at her tummy.  So we will see....hope she is better tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment