Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Big June Goals- #June100miles

On the way home from Destin I saw this advertisement about running 100 miles in June.  Mind you it was May 31st so I decided well I could do that...well maybe! So Caren and I challenged ourselves to do this in the month of June.  It was very hard! Unless you are going out running big double-digit miles it will take awhile.  Since it is so hot, I try to limit my miles so I don't get heat stroke or dehydrated.  The runs in June have been so SLOW...I can't believe how slow and sluggish I feel.  I think most of it is that I am waking up and immediately going running.  Just drinking some water and having a Gatorade chew.  I feel I run better when I have some fuel like food and coffee.  But in the end I finished...barely.  I about cried Saturday night when Brendon asked me how many miles I had left which was about 5 and I said I would finish on Tuesday....his response was, "July 1st is Tuesday!" Oh man! How did I mess this thing up??!!??!! So I had to get up and run on Sunday and finished Monday by running on the treadmill because Brendon was working.  I had a lot of good conversations with myself mostly, sweated immensely, woke up by 6:20 A LOT of days, and worked hard on a goal! I was so proud to finish!

I kept a good old fashioned paper pencil log of miles

Sometimes you have to pray a little while you are out there


0 comments:

Post a Comment