Thursday, January 26, 2012

Kindermusik

Olivia and I had our first Kindermusik class. Our friend Michelle, her husband and Nikki from Gymboree are also in the class.  It was a lot of fun.  When we first got to the class Olivia was all over... playing with books, blocks, and cars.  She was not afraid of the other children or to wander a little bit away from me.  I guess she isn't as shy as I thought.  The class was great.  We are learning about beats and rhythm.  I know that for children to be successful readers that learning how to keep a steady beat is crucial.  So it was great today to explore instruments, beats, and rhythms.  Kindermusik is not as busy as Gymboree.  We even got a take home bag that has drums, books, and cds to play at home! It was nice to relax, sing, and play with Olivia.  It was also nice to Michelle and Nikki.  We miss them! Also Olivia did pretty good in the car on the way home- I sang some songs and she only cried a tiny bit! I consider that to be a minor success!

Playing with the blocks and meeting a new friend!

I crawled in the center of the circle while Ms. Dana was talking.  I was not afraid to be there all by myself!

Playing with mommy!

Scarf time!

Nikki, her daddy and Michelle's hand!

yummy- tambourine time!


0 comments:

Post a Comment