Saturday, June 25, 2011

This and that

This is kind of a hodgepodge of today. Olivia seems to be feeling fine. We played lots today and she really loves music! When she woke up from her afternoon nap she had a little boo boo on her face. She scratched herself while napping. She is really figuring out her hands and working on the eye hand coordination. Sometimes that coordination just isn't there yet hence the boo boo!



Blueberries, Blueberries! Finally after a few years we have finally gotten a crop of blueberries. Each year we have gotten a handful or less. One year we literally got about 4 and put 2 in each pancake! This year we have a bowl full!

Today I went and ran my first 5K in over a year. I wasn't going for any personal record or anything but more of the mental aspect that I can get back out there and run. I know my body is not in the condition it was a year ago and I know it is going to take awhile to get it back. Trust me I am frustrated enough with it and really want to wear my regular clothes. So I went and ran a race this morning and tried not to mentally defeat myself. But I ran the whole race and had a time of 31:22 which is about 3-4 minutes off my last years pace. I was disappointed with my time and literally got in the car once I was done. Little did I know that I actually won my age group! I just thought that was funny once I got home and saw that. So hopefully next week for the Peachtree I can keep a good pace like today. I was just going for a consistent pace and that is what I got!

0 comments:

Post a Comment