Friday, June 24, 2011

Olivia's first visit to the ER

Yesterday I noticed Olivia was going to the bathroom more often- I was doing several diaper changes more often than normal. When I took her to he pediatrician and finally got a sample- which was a nightmare itself. Let's just say that watching your child scream and cry in pain is not the most fun thing ever. She was crying and I was crying too! The doctor noticed that her specific gravity was off which meant she was not concentrating her urine so she had us to to the ER last night. Thankfully Brendon met me there. She had all sorts of tests done and everything came back normal. We were scared though. Now we just have to document when we are changing diapers and how saturated they are by weighing them. Never in my life did I imagine weighing diapers! I have weighed lots of stuff but never wet diapers!

We just love our little girl so much (and we know lots of people love her too) and we were so scared. It was better for us to go- It is better to be safe than sorry. We waited so long to be blessed with her and we just want her to have a happy and healthy life.


Here is Olivia this morning with all her bandages! Poor thing! She was pretty tired today but still happy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment