Monday, June 8, 2015

The chair

Olivia and I did our first fix it up project.  My white rocker needed to be refinished.  So Sunday we sanded it, primed it, and then painted it.

Sanding- gave her sand paper...lasted a good 5-7 minutes until I busted out the electric hand sander. Then she hung out with daddy for a few minutes.



(We had to change clothes...didn't want to get her Stinky's shirt painted on)

Primer- helped me prime the whole chair.  She did great with the paint brush...a little too much paint but I was able to smooth it over. Then we had a snack and pool break! (Which ended up being a no nap Sunday)


Back to painting...she helped me paint the whole chair.  Is it perfectly smooth..no...but it was one of those life lessons.

#1 Girls can do projects too and use tools!
#2 Perseverance...we stuck with it, even though it was hot, messy, several changes of sweaty clothes, and took a long time.
#3 Working with mom is important because that is how you learn and bond with each other.  We laughed, danced, and swatted a lot of bugs away.

A chair full of memories!


0 comments:

Post a Comment