Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Breaking the Silence- Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day


It is a difficult day for many women, husbands, and families who have experienced pregnancy and infant loss. Just because today is a designated day to remember pregnancy and infant loss doesn't mean that we don't remember it daily.  Still almost 5 years later it doesn't get any easier especially when I year ago I experienced another loss through an Ectopic pregnancy. 

I read a great book by Stacey Thacker, "Being Ok with Where you Are."

It is a great book and really has helped me deal with the struggles of grief and letting go, and any other life event that I struggle with.  When I struggle the most, there is a great prayer I try to get through (I am really trying to memorize it but my memory stinks lately!)

A prayer to start the day with, “Lord, I invite You to do the work You want to do in my life today.  I need your grace more than I know or can express right now.  This broken place is tender to the touch and everything within me wants to struggle within your will.  But today, I offer my plan for your purpose.  I surrender my hopes, dreams, and discouragements into your hands.  With my tiny fragment of faith, I say to you, ‘Lord I trust You,’ not only with this one thing, but with my entire life.”

I also read a great post about 15 lessons learned from miscarriage...

Please refer to my post from last year about some things that you can do as a friend or family member who have experienced pregnancy and infant loss.






0 comments:

Post a Comment