Sunday, July 20, 2014

Encopresis...not for the faint of heart

If you haven't seen me this summer it is because I have spent a good majority in the bathroom this summer with Olivia.  We have spent hours it seems in the bathroom trying to poop.  Since visiting the GI on July 9th, there has been some really easy days and lots of success!!  Then mix in the whole strep throat/rash/scarlet fever deal and I feel like we have had to start over.  Of course I called the GI on Friday, but just a few too many minutes late around 1:15....they are human too and they should be able to have short office hours on Friday...they deal with poop issues all week....they probably need a break too! But the past few days we are back to her holding it again.  I don't know how she holds it...but she has buns of steel I tell ya! This hasn't been easy on any of us...it is difficult and challenging but when we do have success we are so happy.  We know that this is just a phase and a bump in the road and eventually she will get over it...or else we are going to be REALLY miserable! But just pray for our sanity as we sit in the bathroom and all the fun stuff that goes with it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment