Thursday, January 9, 2014

You were loved before you were born

Tonight while I was getting work clothes ready, Olivia grabbed a book from her bookshelf and climbed into our bed.  She of coursed cheered for me to read the book which I said, "Hang on a sec!" Then she tried reading it on her own (making up her own story by looking at the pictures).

Little did I know she grabbed the book You were loved before you were born  by Eve Bunting.  It was one of those books I bought a long time ago and forgot about.  So I snuggled up beside her and began to read...then I burst out in tears.  The book brought back so many memories and emotions of the time we were expecting Olivia.  We prayed and hoped and lots of other people prayed and hoped along with us.  I know that Olivia doesn't understand the magnitude of emotion I felt reading that book but it made realize the blessing and miracle that she encompasses. The book is about a couple getting ready for their baby- painting the room, getting a rocking chair, and all that one does to get ready for a baby.  I still remember doing all those things like it was yesterday!

There isn't a day that goes by that at some moment I am thankful to play princesses, make cookies with her, drive cars around her road with her, play doctor, laugh with her, clean up after her, tell her no a million times, get frustrated with her eating habits and potty habits, but I am thankful for those opportunities every day! The good and the bad evens each other out eventually!

I hope one night she pulls the book out again and we read it again so I can remember that time.  I also hope in the future, when she can understand, I can tell her our story and journey for her.  Then she will truly understand that she was loved A LOT before she was born and she is still loved A LOT after she was born and every day!




0 comments:

Post a Comment