Friday, December 6, 2013

Rethinking last night

I admit I was frustrated the last 2 nights putting Olivia to bed.  After she goes to bed that is when I finish school work, clean up, sometimes exercise, and have a few spare minutes to myself.  I think I have been more frustrated with not getting to MY things.  Then I saw this post about bedtime

because-sometimes-bedtime-takes-forever-and-should

and tonight I had a different attitude.  Olivia isn't a robot and doesn't always do what we ask of her so bed time should get added to that too.  She isn't always going to go to bed on time and I should savor these moments.  I thought about it tonight that one day she won't ask me to read her books anymore or help her blow her nose.  The things she does independently already blow me away...like brushing her teeth, including getting the toothbrush, toothpaste, opening the toothpaste, putting it on her tooth brush, and turning on the water and then brushing!

So from now on instead of getting frustrated with bed time I need to remember that in the future she won't ask for the goodnight song we made up and to sing and snuggle as long as I can with her!

0 comments:

Post a Comment