Friday, June 21, 2013

Toddler Tantrum

Brendon and I witnessed our very first toddler tantrum today by Olivia.  I admit it was a pretty good performance. Let's recap the day:

* She woke up early....and then we got up a bit later to go to Susan's house. 
* Brendon and I had a trail run date...boy was it hot and I really stunk in my running performance!
* Picked Olivia up from Susan's and she fell asleep in the car.
* Woke up when we got home.  Then she just melted down from there...it was a hot mess.

There were tears, and screaming, and laying on the ground.  I think she was just tired.  We tried a few things...Brendon took her outside...that didn't work.  Then we just let her scream and cry it out.  There was nothing that we could do to console her.  I finally scooped her up and she sat with me.  Then I asked her if she wanted some of my sandwich...which she ate half of and had some other stuff too.  Then we brushed our teeth and napped.  Then life was good.

Olivia did poop her pants again tonight...but hey..she pooped! Then after her bath when I was blow drying her hair I found a tick! It was at the base of her neck! Yuck! I didn't see it when I gave her the bath so it came from somewhere though...gross! Yuck, yuck, yuck! I hate ticks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment