Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

What a great day today! We woke up and had some breakfast and went to church.  Olivia was really good at church. We didn't even bring any books with us.  Plus the mass seemed to zip by.  At the end the priest always asks the moms to stand and everyone prays.  I tried really hard not to cry but I did.  Mother's Day is an emotional day for me.  I am excited and overwhelmed with being a mom at the same time.  Being a mom really means a lot to me.  It wasn't too long ago that I would cry on Mother's Day because I wasn't a mom and really wanted to be one.  I think part of the emotion connected with today was the struggle to become a mom and how difficult becoming a mom was.  I think having that struggle makes me appreciate it more.

After church we went and played at Grayson Park.  We had some time to burn before our brunch reservation.  Olivia had so much fun.  She just loves playing at parks...what child doesn't?? Then we went to brunch at Graft.  I won't bore you with the details with that.  The food was good...but it was the typical Mother's Day overcrowded brunch.  Thank goodness Olivia was so patient and sat the entire time in the high chair!

After brunch we came home and we brought Olivia's Godmother Karyn a present.  She just loved her flower pot Olivia made.  Then we played outside and then it was nap time.  I even took a brief nap! Then I went for a great 6 mile run.  The weather was perfect for a long run.  Then Brendon made a delicious dinner on the smoker- ribs and chicken.  It was yummy!  Such a great day!


0 comments:

Post a Comment